NEWS RELEASE DETAILS
DATE/TIME: Tuesday, November 9th, 2004 / 05:45 PM
SUBJECT:CHARTER ONE BANK ROBBED–SUSPECT SOUGHT IN OTHER ROBBERIES
Detectives are investigating a robbery at the Charter One bank at 501 State Street that occurred at about 2:15 this afternoon.
A white male entered the bank and handed a female teller a note demanding money. The man implied that he had a gun, but none was displayed. The teller complied with the man’s demand and gave him an amount of money that is not being disclosed at this time. The man then left the bank and was last seen walking north on Clinton Street. No one was injured in the incident.
The suspect is described as being 5’9”, weighing 190 lbs., with strawberry blond hair, green eyes, reddish facial hair, and in his mid 20’s. He was wearing glasses, a tan ball cap with a green shamrock on the front, and a dark leather coat over a white t-shirt.
The suspect is believed to have committed 6 other recent Capital Region robberies:
* September 9th – Trustco Bank, 301 New Scotland Ave., Albany
* September 10th – First Teachers Federal Credit Union, 818 Central Ave., Albany
* September 16th – Trustco Bank, 320 State St., Schenectady
* September 21st – 1st National Bank of Scotia, 1705 Central Ave., Albany
* September 25th – Trustco Bank, 3461 State St., Niskayuna
* October 26th – State Employees Federal Credit Union, 2114 Western Ave., Guilderland
Anyone with information is asked to call Schenectady Police.
Please visit schenectadypd.com for photos of this suspect.