NEWS RELEASE DETAILS
DATE/TIME: Friday, November 19th, 2004 / 04:45 PM
SUBJECT:7 ARRESTS MADE IN “JOHN” PROSTITUTION STING
Yesterday, members of the Department’s Vice Squad and IMPACT Team conducted a prostitution initiative in the Hamilton Hill and Vale neighborhoods that targeted customers (“Johns”).
As a result, the following men were arrested for “Patronizing a Prostitute”:
* Charles H. Allen, 46, 1667 Waters Road – Glenville http://www.schenectadypd.com/charles_allen.php
* Gary R. Felano, 48, 663 Clifton Park Center Road – Clifton Park http://www.schenectadypd.com/gary_felano.php
* Frazier L. Harry, 38, 26 Jay Street – Schenectady http://www.schenectadypd.com/frazier_harry.php
* Daniel S. Johnson, 41, 2600 Duanesburg Road – Princetown http://www.schenectadypd.com/daniel_johnson.php
* Philip W. Kilburn , 57, 275 Smith Road – Amsterdam http://www.schenectadypd.com/philip_kilburn.php
* Edmund C. Roberts, 46, 3 Laur-Lin Drive – Burnt Hills http://www.schenectadypd.com/edmund_roberts.php
* Charles E. Wilson, 58, 255 Orange Street – Albany http://www.schenectadypd.com/charles_wilson.php
This initiative was part of a continuing effort to combat prostitution activity in the city and improve the quality of life in these neighborhoods.
As you can see, 6 of the 7 men traveled to Schenectady to engage in this activity. The Department’s goal in publicizing their names, addresses and photographs (including posting them on our website at www.schenectadypd.com/prost_arrest) is to discourage other potential prostitution customers.
The Department will continue to aggressively target people who travel to Schenectady to engage in criminal activity.