DATE/TIME: Wednesday, December 8th, 2004 / 11:20 AM

The live-in boyfriend of the woman who was shot to death at 560 Broadway at about 5:30 Tuesday afternoon has been charged with her murder.

Lebron L. Taylor, 30, is charged with Murder-2nd degree, Criminal Possession of a Weapon-2nd degree and Criminal Possession of Stolen Property-4th degree. He is currently being held at Police Headquarters and will be arraigned in Police Court this morning.

The victim has been identified as 21-year-old Rohan Cambridge.

The victim placed a cellular 911 to State Police in which she requested that police respond to her residence for a domestic dispute. Immediately after she stated that she was there with Taylor, several gunshots were fired and nothing else was heard. State Police contacted Schenectady Police Communications, who then immediately dispatched patrol units to the residence. Arriving officers located the victim lying on the floor of her apartment. She died at the scene. The victim had been shot in the head, chest and stomach.

Early in the investigation, information was obtained indicating that a silver Lexus sedan – possibly operated by Taylor – may have left the scene. An advisory was broadcast to all Capital Region law enforcement agencies. Members of the Department’s IMPACT Team and NYS Parole officers were checking locations for Taylor and the vehicle when they spotted the moving vehicle. Other officers were sent to assist them in stopping the vehicle, and when a marked

patrol car attempted to initiate a traffic stop on Albany Street near Kelton Avenue, the vehicle refused to comply and sped away. One block later, when the driver attempted to turn south onto Brandywine Avenue at a high rate of speed, he lost control and drove into the Stewart’s parking lot, striking a parked cab. Taylor was operating the vehicle and was taken into custody without further incident. The cab driver sustained head and facial injuries in the collision. He was treated at the scene by Schenectady Fire Department paramedics and transported to St. Clare’s Hospital for further treatment.

A .357 magnum revolver that is believed to be the murder weapon was recovered in the apartment. The gun had been reported stolen from the Town of Colonie in 2002.