DATE/TIME: Tuesday, March 1st, 2005 / 03:20 PM

Two 17-year-old males were arrested Monday evening in connection with the shooting that occurred last Tuesday afternoon – February 22nd – at Craig and Emmett Streets, in which 3 men were injured by gunfire.

The incident happened at about 1:30 p.m. when 32-year-old Bernardo Paredes was walking on Emmett near Craig. Paredes, an Albany resident who was unfamiliar with the neighborhood, had just left a friend’s house on Albany Street to walk to a State Street bus stop to return to Albany. He took a wrong turn and ended up on Emmett. While at the corner of Craig, Javon McDaniel and Tyron Jackson approached Paredes to rob him of the gold chain he was wearing. McDaniel pointed a handgun at Paredes while Jackson removed the chain. When they attempted to steal Paredes cell phone, Paredes ran away and McDaniel fired several shots at Paredes, striking one of his legs. Also struck by the shots were 36-year-old Robert Henderson and 49-year-old Clifford Lawrence, both Schenectady residents who were walking in the area at the time. McDaniel and Jackson ran from the scene after the shooting. Paredes ran to 878 Albany Street for help, Henderson collapsed at the scene with leg and back wounds, and Lawrence ran to the Department’s Traffic Services building at Albany and Craig Streets with wounds to both legs.

Through an unrelated investigation detectives were conducting, information was obtained that implicated McDaniel and Jackson in the incident. Both were positively identified as the

perpetrators. McDaniel and Jackson were taken into custody Monday evening as they were walking together on Emmett Street.

The weapon used in the shooting has not been recovered.

Paredes and Lawrence have since been released from hospital care. Henderson is still hospitalized.

McDaniel, of 412 Hulett Street, is charged with 3 counts of Attempted Murder in the 2nd degree and Robbery in the 1st degree.

Jackson, of 704 Westover Place, is charged with Robbery in the 1st degree.

Both men were arraigned in Police Court and remanded to the Schenectady County Jail.

There are no other suspects being sought in this incident.