NEWS RELEASE DETAILS
DATE/TIME: Tuesday, September 20th, 2005 / 11:45 AM
SUBJECT:7 MEN ARRESTED IN UNDERCOVER DRUG OPERATION
Yesterday, members of the Department’s Vice Squad and New York State Police CNET-Capital conducted an undercover initiative in the Hamilton Hill and Vale neighborhoods that targeted street-level drug dealers and resulted in the arrests of the following 7 men:
* Thomas R. Crawley (30), of The Bronx, is charged w/ the felonies of Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance (CSCS)-3rd degree and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance (CPCS)-3rd degree.
* William L. Hilts, Jr. (33), of 21 O’Connell Street–Albany, is charged w/ the felonies of CSCS-3rd, and CPCS-3rd and 5th.
* Ronald Jones (37), of 15 Grove Place–Schenectady, is charged w/ CSCS-3rd and CPCS-3rd.
* Darren Roberts (35), of 814 State Street–Schenectady, is charged w/ CSCS-3rd, and CPCS-3rd and 5th.
* Roy Sanders (38), of 82 Lexington Avenue–Albany, was charged w/ CSCS-3rd and CPCS-3rd.
* Shamekk Stuart (26), of 15 Grove Place–Schenectady, was charged w/ the misdemeanor of Loitering-1st degree.
* Martin Watson (23), of D1 Yates Village–Schenectady, was charged w/ CSCS-3rd and CPCS-3rd.
This initiative was part of the Department’s continuing effort to thwart illegal drug activity – and curtail the violence frequently connected to it – in order to improve public safety and the quality of life in these neighborhoods.